Father Austin Dominic Litke, OP offered the following reflection at the Catholic Artists Society’s Advent recollection on Thursday, 5 December 2013. Father Austin is the assistant chaplain at the Catholic Center at NYU. He is a native of Henderson, Kentucky and was ordained a priest in May, 2011. The recollection took place at the historic Basilica of St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral in New York’s SoHo district.
Speaking on the Blessed Virgin Mary’s place in the plan of salvation and our Christian spiritual life, Father Austin meditates on three titles of Our Lady from the Litany of Loreto: Domus aurea (House of Gold), Rosa mystica (Mystical Rose) and Speculum iustitiae (Mirror of Justice).
Special thanks to:
- Monsignor Donald Sakano – Pastor of the Basilica of St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral
- Rev. Austin Dominic Litke, OP
- Monsignor John Ahern
- Mr. Joshua Vargas – altar server
- Mr. Jared Lamenzo – Choirmaster and Organist
- Mr. Dan Donohue – poster
- Mr. Stuart Chessman – photography
- Mr. Dino Marcantonio
- Mr. Manuel Albino
- Ms. Carole Ann Brammer